16K partlist from singerco.com
Improved Manufacturing and SINGER 16 MODEL DESCRIPTIONS
I.M. #10477018, 1891
The Singer Improved Manufacturing, a fiddle based machine, was the forerunner of the Singer 16. Its base measures approximately 19 1/2" x 8 1/2". It is larger and stronger than the IF (Improved Family), but light running and with more room under the arm.
- 16K25 - Oscillating shuttle, wheel feed, roller presser, for leather
- 16K28 - Oscillating shuttle, wheel feed, roller presser, for waxed thread
- 16K33 - CB shuttle, drop feed, for general cloth work (flat bed machine)
- 16K39 - CB shuttle, drop feed, lifting presser
- 16-41 - Oscillating shuttle, alternating pressers, for sewing cloth or light/medium weight leather in binding, clothing, sandals, shoe tongues, rubber coats, mattresses, carpets, lap robes, gun covers, automobile and carriage trimming etc
- 16K53 - CB shuttle, drop feed, roller presser, for leather
- 16K55 - CB shuttle, wheel feed, roller presser, for leather
- 16-81 - for book and pamphlet sewing, drop feed, roller presser
- 16-88 - Oscillating shuttle, independent upper and lower feeding mechanisms, for general work in cloth and leather
- 16K104 - single-chain stitch, with looper mechanism. 2 to 6 stitches to inch, for sack and dye work
- 16K105 - double-chain stitch, with looper mechanism, 2 to 6 stitches to inch, for sack work
- 16K107 - CB shuttle, top & bottom feed, high lift, for welting, rug binding etc
- 16K110 - CB shuttle, wheel feed, roller presser, for wax thread
- 16K111 - CB shuttle, universal feed, with feed controlling handle on bottom, for lettering, scroll tracing etc.
- 16K113 - CB shuttle, reversible drop feed, for cloth
- 16K116 - Oscillating High Point shuttle, fanning, for power, positive stop-motion, for high speeds
- 16K117 - CB shuttle, no feed, for darning linen table cloths, napkins, sheets, towels etc.
- 16K119 - CB shuttle, no feed, for darning or mending lace curtains
- 16K121 - CB shuttle, no feed, clamp stop motion, for darning and embroidery work
- 16-133 - drop feed, presser foot, for general cloth work
- 16-141 - drop feed, alternating presser feet, for sewing cloth or light or medium weight leather, for binding clothing, sandals, shoe tongues, rubber coats, mattresses, lap robes, carpets etc.
- 16-188 - upper and under feeding mechanism, each adjusted independently so that upper or under fabric may be fed slower or faster, for sewing cloth or light/medium weight leather in the manufacture of waterproof covers, bags, tarpaulins, leather trims etc. Needles: 16x63 / 3861 size 16 thru 25.