- click create a sharp node
- If no path is being created, this starts a new
- Shift+click add to selected path
- If a path is selected, Shift+clicking anywhere starts a
new subpath instead of a new independent path.
- mouse drag create a bezier node with two handles
- Shift+mouse drag move only one handle
- This moves only one handle (instead of both) while
creating a node, making it cusp.
- Ctrl+mouse drag snap the handle to angle steps
- The default angle step is 15 degrees.
- These commands move the last created node (at the start
of the red segment) while creating a path.
- arrows move last node by the nudge distance
- Shift+arrows move last node by 10x nudge distance
- The default nudge distance is 2 px (SVG pixel units,
not screen pixels).
- Alt+arrows move last node by 1 pixel
- Alt+Shift+arrows move last node by 10 pixels
- The actual distance for pixel movements depends on zoom
level. Zoom in for finer movement.
- Ctrl+ snap last segment to angle steps
- This snaps the new node's angle, relative to the
previous node, to angle steps (default 15 degrees).
- Shift+L make last segment line
- Shift+U make last segment curve
- These commands change the last (red) segment of the
path to straight line or curve.
- Ctrl+click create a dot
- This creates a small circle. Its size (relative to the
current stroke width) can be set in Preferences.
- Shift+Ctrl+click create a double-sized dot
- Alt+Ctrl+click create a random-sized dot
- Enter finish current
- right click finish current line
- Enter, right click, or double left click finish the
current line, discarding the last unfinished (red)
- Esc, Ctrl+z cancel current line
- Backspace, Del erase last segment of current line