DO NOT PIERCE THE TOP CENTRE HOLE!
- The Air pressure within the 51626A, 51629A/ 51629G & C6614D cartridges is regulated by an aerator (Aperture C) that must be sealed to prevent leakage during refilling. Use strong adhesive tape to completely seal this aperture.
- The cartridge is sealed by a plastic ball in Aperture B on the top of the cartridge. This ball must be
removed by pushing it into the cartridge using a ballpoint pen or other pointed tool. Be sure that you
are working over a sink when the ball is pushed into the cartridge ~ just in case!!
Newer versions of this cartridge do not have this opening so a small hole approximately 3mm must be carefully made in the same position shown with the screw provided.
- The cartridge should now be rested in an upright position over the sink. Inject up to 20ml of ink into the top corner hole (Aperture B). You must seal the top corner hole air tight. We suggest using the screw supplied or strong glue. Which ever you decide to use, you should squeeze the cartridge just before sealing to set up the vacuum.
- Have a pad of paper towels near by to place the cartridge on while the cartridge is being squeezed. This is to absorb any ink that might be forced out.
- Remove the tape over aperture C, and blot with the tissue if necessary.
- Set on a paper towel for an hour as a drip precaution. Expect a few drips until the vacuum stabilizes
- Replace the cartridge and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles as per printer instructions.
- If necessary leave cartridge in printer for up to 24 hours. (Allows ink to flow to the print head).