This was my first board - Note the pitting in the traces, probably due to incomplete fusion. The 4 small traces between the pads are 2 mils each on 10 mil centers.
This was my second try at the same board, but here I ran it through the laminator 4 times. The bottoms of the 4 small traces are a little damaged because I used some (relatively) large meter probes to be sure the traces were intact and not shorted. Note that there is MUCH less pitting.
This is the rear of the modified Samsung ML-2510 laser printer. I have removed the power supply and main logic boards, added a new leading edge sensor, and cut away enough plastic to make the printing path flat. The green is the top of the toner drum, the yellow lable is the top of the laser unit. Both of these are in their orininal positions.
Here is a board running through the printer (simulated). The board is only in the printer for about 1.3 inches.
Here is the 2 mil trace area magnified. I think some of the black stuff on the bottom of the traces is toner that wasn't completely removed. I used a 3M pad to remove the toner, but perhaps I should use acetone instead to avoid damaging fine traces. Near the bottom of the traces the traces are damaged from scraping a probe across them to test continuity.
Copper foil bridging sides, feedback to transfer voltage detached
Copper foil bridging sides, feedbac for transfer voltage connected. Canon EOS 5D
No copper foil, feedback for transfer voltage detached.